After months of cold grey weather, the sun is finally beginning to shine and make its mark on our day. The air feels fresher and though it may still be quite nippy, we’re heading towards the summer months quicker than any of us can imagine.
I love the designs and furnishings that the better weather brings, things become lighter, brighter and somewhat more ‘springy’!
So if you’re looking to freshen things up a little this Spring, then take a look at my top 5 ways to make your home stand out and really enhance the beautiful season we’re about to enter.
1. Firstly, it’s important to soften things up a little; use delicate colours and soft fabrics to show the friendlier, more pleasant season. Think of ‘mother nature’, she’s everywhere we look so it’s the perfect time to bring her indoors and use her in the home.
2. Fresh flowers are a lovely bonus at this time of year; choose a colour scheme that suits your home and incorporate these in different rooms. Random bursts of fresh flowers create a happy feeling and whether you realise it or not, they’ll have a significant effect on your mood as you rush out of the door each morning.
3. I love quirky accessories! I think they add character and personality to any room; spring is a good opportunity to try something new. If it doesn’t work, simply get rid and try something else.
4. Light up your life this spring by incorporating candles into your home. There are some great scents around at this time of year, so it’s a good idea to put away the candles from the winter, and replace them with fresher, natural smells. Believe me; it will have a lovely, mesmerising effect on your living space.
5. And finally, it’s all about adding colour; while this may be the case all year round, spring provides a good opportunity to paint over the dark walls which were great for winter, but no so great for the summer season. Forget about natural colours, think about turquoises, lilacs, yellows; happy colours if you will. Now is the time to grab a brush and give it a go; cheap and easy but very effective.
So there you have it, some simple yet easy tips to freshen up your home. And if you do it now, you’ll have plenty of time to sit back, relax and enjoy your handy work.